We are currently
recruiting a vehicle mechanic
BASED AT OUR WORKSHOP FACILITY IN SE15
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Rollins Street SE15 1EP
Hours: 08:00 – 18:00
Salary: £30,000 p/a
We are looking for an experience mechanic to join our rapidly growing garage. You will be involved in all aspects of maintenance and repairs of vehicles (cars and class 7 vans), carrying out routine servicing and diagnostic checks, PCO & MOT Checks, fault finding issues and maintenance checks.
Do you have experience in the Home to School Transport sector? Are you looking for a new challenge? If so, this could be the job for you.
The Keen Group provides an Assisted Home to School/Centre Transport Service for children, young people, and adults with disabilities, learning difficulties and special needs. We are looking for a hardworking dynamic individual to take responsibility for the despatch and coordination of our growing SNT circuit.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• To examine vehicles and diagnose non-routine defects, or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests.
• Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
• To accurately and skilfully undertake the repair and servicing of motor vehicles.
• Conduct regular maintenance on machinery, systems, and automotive vehicles.
• Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, tyre changes and rotation.
• Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
• Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
• Examine machines and carry out diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
• Perform vehicle assessments.
Essential skill/ experience requirements:
• Minimum qualification requirements NVQ level 3 vehicle technician or equivalent.
• Experience of working with DPF faults, regeneration and diesel trouble shooting.
• Have a high level of diagnostic, mechanical and technical competence.
• Have an analytical approach to fault finding and strong attention to detail with an aptitude for problem solving.
• Confident in carrying out servicing and repairs.
• Knowledge of electrical systems.
• Experience of working on hybrid vehicles.
• Be able to work unsupervised.
• Hold a full, clean UK driving license.
• Eligibility to work in the UK.
• Own tool kit.
• Should be physically fit to fulfil the requirements of the role.
• Able to work in a flexible manner to suit workload demands
The Keen Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief or political opinion.
Applicants are advised that The Keen Group respects your privacy, and in keeping with requirements, all personal information will be securely held and safely disposed of as soon as it is reasonable to do so. The Company will comply with requests from unsuccessful applicants who wish to have their details destroyed earlier.