We are currently
recruiting a Special Needs Transport Operations Coordinator
BASED AT OUR SPECIAL NEEDS TRANSPORT FACILITY IN SE15
Job Title: Special Needs Transport Operations Coordinator
Dept: Special Need Transport
Location: Rollins Street SE15 1EP
Hours: 07:00 – 17:00
Salary: £28,080 p/a
You will be joining an extremely experienced team, working in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding sector, providing Home to School transport for children and adults with disabilities, learning difficulties and special needs.
Do you have experience in the Home to School Transport sector? Are you looking for a new challenge? If so, this could be the job for you.
The Keen Group provides an Assisted Home to School/Centre Transport Service for children, young people, and adults with disabilities, learning difficulties and special needs. We are looking for a hardworking dynamic individual to take responsibility for the despatch and coordination of our growing SNT circuit.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Dispatch and coordination of the Special Needs Transport circuit
• Day-to-day supervision of the Special Needs Transport crew
• Crew recruitment, inductions, retention and engagement
• Ensuring that all crew are fully trained and proficient in the ability to carry out their day-to-day duties
• Responsible for maintaining TFL/TPH licensing and contractual compliance
• Liaising with councils, parents and external agencies as and when required
• Assisting in tender applications & processess
• Exploring procuring and securing new runs/work in accordance with agreed growth strategies
• Interviewing and investigating incidents, accidents and near misses
• Conducting risk assessments
• A full, clean driving licence
• Strong leadership skills and a team player
• Good physical fitness, as there will be some manual work at times
• Able to work in a flexible manner to suit workload demands
• Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
• Relevant experience within the special needs transport sector
• Knowledge of the Private Hire Industry and vehicle/driver licensing
Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of safeguarding children & vulnerable adults
• Experience of delivering home to school transport services
• Experience of dealing with councils and tendering process
• Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team
• Excellent organisational skills with a good attention to details
• Good telephone manner
• Ability to plan and organise workloads within tight timescales, whilst working under pressure
• Preferred knowledge of Cordic or similar data despatch software
The Keen Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief or political opinion.
Applicants are advised that The Keen Group respects your privacy, and in keeping with requirements, all personal information will be securely held and safely disposed of as soon as it is reasonable to do so. The Company will comply with requests from unsuccessful applicants who wish to have their details destroyed earlier.